Having the right golf cart batteries means optimal performance on and off the field. When it comes to selecting the best batteries for your golf cart, many options are available. Interstate and Trojan are among the most reputable brands offering quality golf cart batteries. In this comprehensive Interstate vs Trojan, I have explored every aspect of these batteries to help you make an informed decision.
Interstate golf cart batteries are celebrated for their longevity, quick recharge, and reduced maintenance needs. They are affordable and come with a 6-month warranty, providing good value. However, they can only be discharged up to 50% and have a slightly shorter lifespan compared to Trojans.
On the other hand, Trojan batteries offer fast charging, exceptional durability, and more power for your golf cart. They have a longer lifespan, averaging 7 to 8 years, but are relatively expensive and demand consistent maintenance.
Comparatively, Interstate batteries are more budget-friendly and require less upkeep, making them a cost-effective choice. On the contrary, Trojan batteries excel in amp hours and lifespan.
The final choice depends on your preferences and priorities: if affordability and ease of maintenance are crucial, Interstate batteries are a reliable option; for those prioritizing longevity and power, Trojan batteries stand out.
Interstate vs Trojan Golf Cart Batteries
|7-8 years (with proper maintenance)
|6V, 8V, 12V
|6V, 8V, 12V
|Low maintenance, no watering required
|Requires consistent maintenance
|Price Range (Per Unit)
|$100 – $170
|$170 – $400
|Affordable and low-maintenance
|Longevity and high power output
Interstate Golf Cart Batteries
Interstate, a brand with a legacy dating back to the 1950s, has garnered praise for its Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) deep cycle batteries, known for their reliability and considerable lifespan.
- Extended Life Span: Interstate batteries are designed to endure, providing a long and dependable life span.
- Quick Recharge: They allow for faster recharging, minimizing downtime.
- Reduced Maintenance: These batteries necessitate less maintenance effort, adding to their convenience.
- Built for Consistent Deep Cycling: Interstate batteries are structured to endure the strain of consistent deep cycling.
- Increased Run Time: They deliver an increased run time between charges, enhancing your golfing experience.
- 6-Month Warranty: Every Interstate golf cart battery is backed by a 6-month warranty, ensuring peace of mind.
- Affordable: Despite their quality, Interstate batteries offer affordability.
- Limited Discharge: They can only be discharged up to 50% of their capacity.
- Purchase Challenges: Acquiring these batteries online might pose some challenges.
- Moderate Expense: While reasonably priced, they fall in the moderate expense category.
- Lifespan Comparatively Short: Their lifespan is shorter than Trojan batteries.
Features and Benefits
Utilizing AGM deep cycle technology, Interstate batteries provide a safe and efficient power source, free from leakage even when damaged.
The plates within these batteries are compactly positioned and statically mounted, providing durability against shock and vibration damage.
One of the primary advantages is the reduced maintenance requirements, eliminating constant watering and weekly inspections.
Interstate offers golf cart batteries in three voltage choices: 6-volt, 8-volt, and 12-volt, providing flexibility in selection.
Depending on the model, the amp hours vary. The 6-volt AGM Deep Cycle batteries offer approximately 11 hours at 20 amps per hour, ensuring adequate run time.
While the Deep Cycle batteries are moderately priced around $170 per unit, more affordable options are available, priced below $100 per unit.
In this comparison, Interstate golf cart batteries emerge as a reliable and cost-effective choice for golf cart owners. They strike a balance between performance and affordability, making them a preferred option for many.
Trojan Golf Cart Batteries
Trojan, a pioneering brand in battery manufacturing since 1925, introduced the world’s first golf cart battery and continues to be an industry leader.
- Fast Charge: Trojan batteries provide a fast charging experience, ensuring you spend more time on the golf course and less time waiting.
- Excellent Durability: They are highly durable, withstanding the test of time and consistent use.
- Delivers More Power: Trojan batteries provide ample power to your golf cart, ensuring a smooth and efficient ride.
- 2-Year Warranty: Each Trojan battery comes with a 2-year warranty, assuring longevity and performance.
- Long Life Span: Trojan batteries boast a long life span, providing excellent value for your investment.
- Higher Expense: These batteries tend to be more expensive compared to some competitors.
- Compatibility Challenges: The 12-volt model batteries are only compatible with a select number of golf carts.
- Maintenance Demands: Trojan batteries require consistent maintenance, including distilled water replacement every 2-4 weeks.
- Customer Service Feedback: Some users have reported less-than-ideal experiences with Trojan’s customer service.
Features and Benefits
Deep Cycle Flooded Battery
Trojan’s deep-cycle flooded batteries, although requiring more maintenance, offer additional power compared to other battery types.
Despite the potential environmental risks, Trojan primarily uses recycled materials to construct the body of its batteries, showcasing an eco-conscious approach.
Trojan batteries are known for their remarkable longevity, often lasting 7 to 8 years with meticulous maintenance.
Trojan provides three voltage choices: 6-volt, 8-volt, and 12-volt, catering to various golf cart models.
Depending on the model, Trojan golf cart batteries can run at 20 amps an hour for 10 to 20 hours, ensuring a dependable power supply.
The price of Trojan batteries varies based on voltage, materials, and performance, with recommended prices ranging from $170 up to $400 per unit.
Trojan golf cart batteries, with their exceptional durability and longevity, are a top choice for golf cart owners seeking reliability and power.
Comparison: Price, Amp Hours, Maintenance, and Lifespan
Let’s conduct a thorough comparison of Interstate and Trojan golf cart batteries based on crucial factors: price, amp hours, maintenance, and lifespan.
Interstate vs Trojan – Price
In terms of pricing, Interstate golf cart batteries are relatively more affordable than Trojan batteries. While Interstate batteries are not the cheapest, they strike a balance between cost and quality, making them a cost-effective option for golf cart enthusiasts.
Interstate vs Trojan – Amp Hours
On average, Trojan batteries tend to deliver more amp hours at 20 amps per hour compared to Interstate batteries. This means that Trojan batteries provide a longer-lasting power supply, ensuring a smooth golf cart experience over an extended period.
Interstate vs Trojan – Maintenance
Trojan’s deep-cycle flooded batteries demand more maintenance compared to Interstate’s AGM deep-cycle flooded units. The need for consistent maintenance and distilled water replacement every 2-4 weeks can be seen as a drawback, potentially influencing the overall convenience of using Trojan batteries.
Interstate vs Trojan – Lifespan
When it comes to lifespan, Trojan batteries have an edge. If maintained correctly, Trojan batteries have been known to last for seven to nine years, showcasing one of the longest lifespans in the industry. Interstate batteries, although durable, generally last five to six years, making them slightly shorter-lived compared to Trojans.
What is the Difference Between Duracell and Trojan?
In the world of golf cart batteries, Duracell and Trojan are leaders. Duracell is reliable but a bit expensive. Trojan is long-lasting and cheaper. The difference between Duracell and Trojan is that Duracell lasts a long time but costs more and is heavier, while Trojan lasts longer and costs less. It’s about what you value more: long-lasting power or saving money. Choose what fits your golf cart needs best.
In conclusion, both Interstate and Trojan golf cart batteries have their unique strengths and weaknesses. While Interstate batteries are more budget-friendly and require less maintenance, Trojan batteries outshine in terms of amp hours and lifespan. Ultimately, the best choice depends on your priorities and usage requirements.
If you’re looking for affordability and ease of maintenance, Interstate batteries are a solid choice.