Arizona, known for its vast desert landscapes and captivating sunsets, is also a haven for golf enthusiasts. When considering the best golf course in Arizona, several come to mind. From the top-tier grounds in Scottsdale to the more affordable public options in Phoenix, there’s a course for every kind of golfer. Dive in as we unravel the 22 best golf courses in Arizona.
22 Best Golf Courses In Arizona
1. Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club
- The course offers dramatic elevation changes and panoramic views amidst rolling desert terrain.
- A state-of-the-art clubhouse with luxurious amenities ensures a premium experience off the greens.
- A masterful Par 71 layout.
- Crafted intricately, the course blends naturally with the desert setting, demanding strategy and finesse.
Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club is not just a course; it’s a destination. Considered one of the best golf courses in Arizona, it promises an unparalleled blend of natural beauty and golfing challenges. With every hole offering a unique narrative, golfers can look forward to a memorable experience each time they tee off.
2. SunRidge Canyon Golf Club
- Nestled in a canyon, the course boasts dramatic vistas with the backdrop of sun-kissed ridges.
- Native desert flora line the fairways, enhancing the course’s natural charm.
- An engaging Par 72 design.
- With a mix of shadow and light play due to the canyon setting, golfers must constantly adapt their strategies, making it a test of skill and adaptability.
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club stands as a testament to nature’s beauty seamlessly merged with man-made design. As one of the premier golfing venues in the state, it offers both novices and seasoned players a chance to test their mettle against the unique challenges of canyon golfing. Its reputation as one of the best golf courses in Arizona is well-earned, promising a golfing experience like no other.
3. Chiricahua Golf Course
- Wide-open spaces with awesome views of mountains and valleys.
- Cozy spots to relax after a fun game make it one of Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- Fun Par 72 layout.
- Cool designs that make players think and enjoy their game.
Want to play at the top spot? Chiricahua Golf Course is where it’s at! It’s known as one of the best golf courses Arizona has. It’s easy to see why, with its big views and smart home designs. Whether you’re new to golf or a real pro, this place has something special for you.
4. The Stone Canyon Club
- Bright blue lakes and tall rocks that look amazing.
- It is a club that feels fancy but friendly – making it one of Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- A cool Par 71 set-up.
- Every hole has its own surprise, which keeps players excited.
The Stone Canyon Club is more than just golf. It’s about the feeling you get when you’re there. Many say it’s among the best golf courses in Phoenix, Arizona, and when you see those big rocks and blue waters, you’ll agree. It’s not just about the game, but the whole fun day you have there.
5. Estancia Golf Club
- Stunning views of Pinnacle Peak add a touch of nature’s grandeur to every game.
- An elite clubhouse that provides a mix of luxury and comfort, Estancia is among Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- A challenging Par 72 course layout.
- Every hole offers something different, blending the natural terrain with man-made challenges.
Estancia Golf Club isn’t just a golf course; it’s an experience. Nestled in a natural setting, it shines as one of the best private golf courses Arizona proudly showcases. With its blend of nature and expert design, both new golfers and old hands will find joy here. Whether it’s the view of Pinnacle Peak or the thrill of a challenging hole, Estancia stands out as one of the best golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona. Every round played here is a memory in the making.
6. Phoenix Country Club
- Big green lawns right in the heart of the city.
- A clubhouse where you can chill and eat yummy food, making it a top spot among the best private premium golf courses in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Super fun Par 71 layout.
- Holes that are cool to play, whether you’re just starting out or super good at golf.
Phoenix Country Club is like a green gem in the city. Lots of folks say it’s one of the best golf courses Arizona has. And they’re right! With its city views and great holes, every game here is a blast.
7. Desert Mountain Golf Club
- Deserts, mountains, and beautiful skies all around.
- It is a place that feels big and wild but also safe and fun, marking it as one of the best private golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Awesome Par 72 design.
- Every hole has its own desert magic, making the game super fun.
Desert Mountain is more than just golf. It’s like playing in a big desert park! Many players call it one of the best golf courses Arizona offers. With big views and cool desert vibes, you’ll want to play again and again.
8. Mesa Country Club
- Tall trees and blue ponds that look super cool.
- It is a friendly spot where everyone feels at home, earning its place among the best Arizona public golf courses.
- Fun Par 70 set-up.
- The holes are a mix of easy and tricky, so everyone has a good time.
Mesa Country Club is a place where fun and friends meet. It’s got those trees, water, and greens that make it one of the best golf courses in Arizona. Whether you’re playing with pals or making new ones, Mesa is the place to be!
9. The Mirabel Club
- Mountain views that dazzle under Arizona’s blue skies.
- An upscale clubhouse that emphasizes luxury, cementing its place among Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- Challenging Par 71 layout.
- Each hole offers a unique twist, keeping the game fresh and engaging.
Tucked away in a scenic corner, The Mirabel Club feels like a golfer’s dreamland. It’s perfectly manicured fairways and the course layout challenges even the most skilled players. As one of the best golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona, the Mirabel experience is about more than just the game. It’s a blend of nature, luxury, and a passion for golf that’s hard to match anywhere else.
10. Seville Golf & Country Club
- Lush green landscapes dotted with mature trees.
- It has a lively club atmosphere, making it a top pick among the best private golf courses Arizona has to offer.
- Engaging Par 72 design.
- A mix of challenging and forgiving holes to cater to all skill levels.
Seville Golf & Country Club is where the heart of the community meets the spirit of the game. Its greens are meticulously maintained, offering players a serene environment to hone their skills. But it’s not just about golf. This club is a social hub, a place where families gather, friendships blossom, and memories are forged. With its reputation as one of the best golf courses in Arizona, it’s more than just a course – it’s a lifestyle.
11. Pine Canyon Golf Course
- Towering pine trees everywhere you look.
- It is a clubhouse where people smile, laugh, and relax, which is why it’s often mentioned among the best golf courses in Arizona.
- Super fun Par 72 design.
- Each hole feels like a walk in a piney forest, adding fun to the challenge.
Pine Canyon is like playing golf in a big forest! The tall trees make the game more relaxed and more exciting. Pine Canyon is always on the list when folks talk about the best golf courses Arizona has. And it’s not just the trees; the course, the people, and the vibes are all top-notch!
12. Renegade Golf Course
- Wild desert views and cool cacti all around.
- It is a popular spot for many, marking its place as one of Arizona’s best public golf courses.
- Thrilling Par 72 layout.
- Each hole has its own desert twist, making every game an adventure.
If you want a taste of real Arizona golf, Renegade Golf Course is the place to be! With its desert feel and challenging holes, it stands out as one of the best golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona. You’ll play, have fun, and enjoy every moment under the Arizona sun. And the best part? Everyone’s welcome to join the fun!
13. Outlaw Golf Course
- Wide open spaces with a touch of wild west spirit.
- A clubhouse that feels like an old-timey saloon makes Outlaw one of Arizona’s best public golf courses.
- Super exciting Par 71 layout.
- Every hole feels like a new Wild West adventure; you might even feel like a cowboy or cowgirl!
Outlaw Golf Course is all about fun in the Wild West! When people chat about Arizona’s best golf courses, they often talk about Outlaw’s cool theme. Playing here isn’t just about golf; it’s about getting a little taste of the old Wild West days. So, put on your cowboy hat and have a rootin’ tootin’ good time!
14. Troon Country Club
- Gorgeous green lawns with views of big mountains.
- It is a super fancy clubhouse that’s all about class, making Troon stand out as one of Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- Challenging Par 72 design.
- Holes that test your skills but also make you say “wow” because of the views.
Troon Country Club isn’t just a golf course; it’s like a VIP party for golf lovers. Nestled among mountains, it’s often called one of the best private golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona. The greens? Super smooth. The views? Stunning! And the best part? Playing here makes you feel like golf royalty.
15. Grayhawk (Raptor), Scottsdale
- Bright green fairways contrast beautifully with the desert backdrop.
- A clubhouse where you can sip a cool drink and feel the breeze, securing Grayhawk’s spot among the best golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Super engaging Par 72 design.
- Each hole offers a blend of challenge and beauty, making every swing memorable.
When you step onto Grayhawk’s Raptor course, you’ll feel like you’re in a golf movie! It’s so pretty and fun. Many golfers chat about it being one of the best golf courses Arizona offers. With its desert charm and pro-level design, every game here feels like a special event. Plus, the Scottsdale vibes? Totally awesome!
16. Casino Del Sol (Sewailo), Tucson
- Gorgeous water features that shimmer under the Arizona sun.
- A lively casino nearby makes Sewailo one of Arizona’s exciting best golf courses with a hint of Vegas-style fun.
- Fun-filled Par 72 layout.
- Water hazards and sand traps make the game spicy and thrilling.
Casino del Sol’s Sewailo course is where the gulf meets glitz and glam! Located near a buzzing casino in Tucson, it’s a top pick when folks chat about Arizona’s best public golf courses. Imagine playing a fantastic game and then heading to the casino to celebrate your awesome shots. Golfing at Sewailo is like having a mini-vacation!
17. The Gallery Golf Club
- They were rolling green hills with patches of desert beauty.
- An art-filled clubhouse that’s as gorgeous as a gallery, which is why it’s often named among the best private golf courses in Arizona.
- A captivating Par 72 course layout.
- Each hole feels like a piece of art, turning your game into an elegant dance on the greens.
The Gallery Golf Club is not just about playing; it’s about experiencing art in motion. With fairways that roll like waves and holes designed like masterpieces, it’s easy to see why many consider it one of the best golf courses in Arizona. This club combines the passion of golf with the beauty of art, offering a play experience that’s simply poetic.
18. The Legacy Golf Club
- Breathtaking views of South Mountain.
- A rich history that echoes with every swing makes The Legacy one of Arizona’s most iconic best public golf courses.
- Intriguing Par 71 design.
- Holes that tell stories of the past, making every game a walk through history.
The Legacy Golf Club is where history and golf shake hands. As you play, you’ll feel the stories of the past echoing in the wind. Being one of the best golf courses in Phoenix, Arizona, The Legacy is more than a game. It’s where you play, learn, and appreciate the rich tapestry of Arizona’s past. With majestic mountains as a backdrop, every game here feels epic!
19. Aspen Valley Golf Club
- Scenic vistas with sprinklings of aspen trees that sway in the breeze.
- It is a cozy clubhouse where members share stories, making it a standout among Arizona’s best private golf courses.
- Delightful Par 70-course layout.
- Holes that wind through serene landscapes, offering both calmness and challenge.
Playing at Aspen Valley feels like golfing in a beautiful forest! The sight of tall aspen trees and the sound of their leaves make it so special. Often counted among the best golf courses Arizona boasts, Aspen Valley isn’t just about the game—it’s about feeling peaceful and reconnected with nature. If you’re looking for a calm and lovely golf day, this is your place!
20. TPC Scottsdale (Champions), Scottsdale
- Lush greens surrounded by desert beauty.
- Major golf events attract lots of fans, placing it firmly among the best public golf courses in Arizona.
- Competitive Par 71 design.
- Each hole offers something fresh, making every round exciting and different.
TPC Scottsdale’s Champions Course is where golf action heats up! Known to host big tournaments, it’s always buzzing with energy. Champions often tops the list when folks discuss the best golf courses in Scottsdale, Arizona. Playing here feels big-league! With perfectly maintained greens and challenges at every turn, it’s a playground for those who love the thrill of the game.
Whether you’re drawn by the tranquility of Aspen Valley or the lively spirit of TPC Scottsdale, these Arizona courses ensure golfing memories that’ll last a lifetime. Pack your clubs and dive into these golfing adventures!
21. Wildfire At Desert Ridge (Faldo Championship), Phoenix
- Sweeping desert landscapes paired with pristine green fairways.
- A resort-like atmosphere that gives it a unique edge among the best golf courses in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Challenging Par 72 layout crafted by the legendary Nick Faldo.
- A delightful mix of strategic bunkers and water hazards to keep you on your toes.
Wildfire’s Faldo Championship course is like a golf fantasy come alive in Phoenix. With designs by the golf great Nick Faldo, each game feels like a masterclass. Those seeking Arizona’s best golf courses in its treasure trove often find their way here. With desert vistas as your backdrop and a championship layout under your feet, every swing here feels like a story in the making.
22. Copper Canyon Golf Club
- Beautiful vistas with mountains touching the horizon.
- A warm and friendly clubhouse vibe makes it a favorite among Arizona’s best public golf courses.
- Inviting Par 72 course design.
- Varied holes that cater to both novices and seasoned players, ensuring fun for all.
Copper Canyon is the golfing gem where everyone feels at home. With mountain silhouettes watching over and fairways that seem to stretch forever, it’s a picture-perfect golf haven. Regulars and visitors often tout Copper Canyon as one of the best golf courses Arizona flaunts. So, Copper Canyon promises a delightful time, whether you’re out for a serious game or just a relaxed day under the Arizona sun.
If you’re searching for the best golf course in Arizona, this guide is the best fit. You should know that the journey is filled with choices that cater to every skill level and preference. Each course’s unique charm and challenge contribute to Arizona’s reputation as a top golfing destination. Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or someone picking up the club for the first time, the Grand Canyon State promises an unforgettable golfing experience. So, gear up and embark on an Arizona golf adventure that’s second to none!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1- How many golf courses are in AZ?
Arizona boasts over 370 golf courses, offering diverse terrains and challenges.
2- Is TPC Scottsdale a public course?
Yes, TPC Scottsdale is a public golf course, welcoming all to experience its renowned greens.
3- What is the Arizona golf season?
Arizona’s prime golf season runs from late fall to early spring, capitalizing on milder temperatures.
4- Does Arizona have top golf?
Yes, Arizona is home to several Topgolf locations, blending entertainment with the sport.
5- What is the famous Phoenix golf tournament?
The Waste Management Phoenix Open is Phoenix’s premier PGA Tour event, attracting massive crowds.
6- Do people golf in the summer in Arizona?
While summer in Arizona is hot, early morning and late afternoon tee times remain popular among avid golfers.
7- How much do golf pros make in Arizona?
Arizona golf pros can earn varying salaries, averaging around $40,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on expertise and location.
8- What is the big golf tournament in Arizona?
The Waste Management Phoenix Open, Arizona’s most significant golf event, is known for its vibrant atmosphere.
9- How many golf courses are in Phoenix?
Phoenix is home to nearly 200 golf courses, each offering unique desert golfing experiences.
10- How many golf courses are in Scottsdale?
Scottsdale boasts over 200 golf courses, solidifying its reputation as a top golf destination in Arizona.